First few weeks as a full time traveling family

We moved out of our townhouse a few weeks before we could actually leave the Twin Cities area.  We still had a few obligations to take care of so we had to stick around a little while longer.

Luckily we have a number of gracious family members who were kind enough to let us park our Airstream at their houses while we waiting to move along.

We spent the first week at Nick’s mom’s house outside Stillwater, MN.  The girls had a great time hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa and we were able to work on finishing up the last of the decluttering.





Helping Grandpa dig out the septic tank.


We mostly hung out around Grandma and Grandpa’s house but we did get out one day to visit the Belwin Bison Conservancy not too far from their house.  Unfortunately, the bison were nowhere near the observation platform. It was still pretty cool to be there.


The next week we moved onto Nick’s brother and sister-in-law’s house in New Richmond, WI.  Again, it was fun for the girls to get to spend every day for a week playing with their two little cousins, and we had a great time….decluttering.

You guys, I feel like I never want to own a house again because I never want the opportunity to own so much stuff again.  The good news is that we did finally declutter to an amount of stuff that would fit in the Airstream and truck and the car that we are leaving in MN for now.  It feels so great to finally shed all that stuff.

The transition to living in the Airstream full-time has been an easy one for us.  My guess is that we mostly owe that to lots of preparation and generally flexible personalities. My biggest challenge so far is figuring out how to prepare the type of meals we like to eat with so little counter space.  Oh, and an oven we still haven’t figured out how to make work.



The poor frogs didn’t stand a chance with these girls. I’m sure they were glad to see us go.


Cora bringing flowers to my office.


My sister and brother-in-law in Florida have been a little excited for us to get there.  They started “Hurricane Tracking” us and sent video updates everyday.



Finally saying goodbye after a few minor hiccups in the morning.

Next stop: Michigan’s Upper Peninsula




{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment